Friday, October 21, 2011






I Love the Lord
October 21st, 2011 • Category: Encouragement
Today’s scripture: Psalm 116 (NRSV) (The Message) (KJV) What might God be saying to me?

My thoughts (Robert Ferguson):

I love the Lord, because he has heard my voice and my supplications. Because he inclined his ear to me, therefore I will call on him as long as I live. Psalm 116:1-2

Have you ever heard Whitney Houston and the Georgia Mass Choir sing I Love the Lord? (Take a listen below.)

It stirs my soul every time I hear it. That song and the reading for today always remind me that God is ever-present and listening to our hearts when they cry out!

We live in fearful times. We watch the news nervously to see what the next earth shaking calamity will be. Will it be terrorism, natural disaster, a worsening economy, or a violent criminal on the loose? And on top of what happens outside of our homes we also tend to remain fearful about our own Christian walk and faith. Oh God, I want to believe that your grace and mercy are forever but what about my sin, what about my walk, what if I get so far off track that you no longer want to be bothered with me? What will I do then? Where is God in all of this?

Let me share a powerful lesson I learned years ago. When you get real with yourself and with God, you will discover closeness with our Creator that you may have never known before. I may not get everything I want in just the exact way that I want it and there are rough days, but one thing I know and abide in is that God is keeping me and making a way for me every day.

What are you afraid of today? What keeps you awake at night? Please hear me clearly on this point: You are not less of a Christian for being afraid!

It’s OK to talk to the Lord about it. Cry out to God and even shout if you need to. These are the moments that you will develop a deep love for the Lord. In this age of uncertainty there is one thing that is absolutely certain: The Lord will respond when you cry out.


Thought for the day: Listen to the song I Love the Lord. As you listen to this song, think about what troubles you today and take it to the Lord. Rest and be secure in God’s presence.



We encourage you to include a time of prayer with this reading. If you need a place to get started, consider the suggestions on the How to Pray page.



This entry was posted on Friday, October 21st, 2011 at 12:01 am and is filed under Encouragement. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.

Comments are closed.
About Be Still...Be Still and Know... is published each weekday.
•About Be Still and Know…
•Building Blocks for Spiritual Growth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home