Thursday, August 19, 2004

Today is a gloriuos day

Today is a glorious day! It is Thursday August 19th and all is well in my world. I have so much to be grateful for. I have my health, my mind is well, I'm not broke, and my relationship is moving along well. God has blessed me and I took some time today to say thank you.

There are areas of my life that need some attention, but all things in time. Tonight I am scheduled to attend a fund raiser for Indy Pride Inc. I am not sure that I want to attend. I kow there are some contacts there that I need to make and I am sure there will be opportunities, but I question how much of my life I want to give up. Trying to establish oneself as a leader in the local African American gay and lesbian community takes a lot of self sacrifice. The most valuable of these sacrifices is time. Time to meet with people, time to plan events, time to network, and time to attend someone else's function in the hope that they will do likewise when its your turn. Time that I would much rather spend with my partner, or reading a good book, or re-energizing my mind for an upcoming event.

Now dont get me wrong, I love the work that I am doing in my church and the community. However, there is the need for balance in my life. I am of no value to anyone if I am burned out.
I think tonight I will relish in the glorious day that the Lord has made. There will be time for saving the GLBT community later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home